a finished piece!

i finally got round to finishing my summer quilt - i've been very slow at the final quilting stage, tying all the layers together with simple sun motifs - i decided to make them really simple and sketchy to speed the process - the last step was completing the edging which i did while recovering from a chest infection which had me floored for 10 days

i'm really pleased with the quilt, making it in small pieces worked well for me as it felt very manageable - it also gave me the opportunity to experiment usefully and not end up with a load of samples to store - and i've used up some of my stash ..... of course i've more than compensated in the meantime so my stash is bigger than when i started the quilt - i need to work faster and buy less .... that's going to happen isn't it!!!!!!

anyway, for the record, some pics





Comments

Marj said…
So sorry to hear that you haven't been well-- sometimes infections caught mid-season are often hard to shake off. Do love your finished summer quilt with such a delicate blend of colours. What's next?
Marj
Patty said…
I like how you started with sections. I may use this idea...the color is great and the free motion lightens it.

Popular Posts